The 22nd Malaysian Consumer and Family Economics Association (MACFEA) International Conference 2018 (MACFEA 2018)
30th – 31st October 2018, Institute of Business Excellence (IBE), UiTM Shah Alam Selangor Malaysia
IMPORTANT DATES :
1. Abstract Deadline: 31 July 2018
2. Abstract Acceptance Notification: 31 August 2018
3. Full Paper Deadline: 15 September 2018
4. Acceptance Notification: 30 September 2018
5. Camera-ready Paper Deadline: 7 October 2018
6. Early Bird Deadline: 15 August 2018
7. Participant Registration Deadline: 1 October 2018
Call for Papers
The global digital transformation is already having a massive impact on the region’s economies and the nation. As consumers, we are at the heart of the digital economy, accounting for more than 50 percent of GDP. The digital economy refers to a broad range of economic activities that use digitized information and knowledge as key factors of production which includes the internet, cloud computing, big data, financial technology (FINTECH) and other new digital technologies to collect, store, analyze, and share information digitally and transform social interactions. The digitization of the economy creates benefits and efficiencies as digital technologies drive innovation and fuel job opportunities and economic growth which permeates all aspects of society, influencing the way people interact and bring about broad sociological changes.
Hence this year’s MACFEA International Conference will focus on a very important theme that aims at highlighting the importance of the digital economy which has the potential to radically change the social environment and economic activities in the country. Understanding the digital economy remains a challenge because of its complexity and this seminar will provide a platform to disseminate research findings and panel discussions in preparing the consumer and society in understanding the Fourth Industrial Revolution which is built on the digital economy. It is hoped that the 22nd MACFEA International Conference will provide a platform for MACFEA members, academia, researchers, students, practitioners, service providers and government officials to share their views on the main and sub-themes to ensure a better understanding on how consumers and society can leverage on digital innovation.
- To share research findings or (output) in the area of consumers and society in the digital economy especially related to ecommerce and online purchases.
- To share research findings or (output) to promote a better understanding on the role of the digital economy in Malaysia, particularly how digital technologies may impact and transform both business practices and societies.
- To share views on the current state of the digital economy in Malaysia.
- To highlight various consumer related issues particularly in the areas of consumer services and protection;
- To share research findings or (output) related to consumer services and protection as it would contribute to the development of knowledge and values for consumers.
- To promote sustainable practices in areas of consumer services and protection
- To create networking among MACFEA members, academia, policy makers, service providers, researchers, NGOs, students, practitioners and the general public.
- Digital Consumers in Business and Marketing
- Digital Economy
- IR 4.0
- Consumer Services
- Consumer Protection and Advocacy
- Halal Issues and Consumers
- Consumer Finance
- Consumer Decision Making
- Consumer Education
- Sustainable Consumption
- Consumer Empowerment and Quality of Life
- Family Economics
- Other fields in consumer studies
• Digital Business and Marketing
• Consumer Services
• Consumer Protection and Advocacy
• Halal Issues and Consumers
• Consumer Finance
• Consumer Decision Making
• Consumer Education
• Sustainable Consumption
• Consumer Empowerment and Quality of Life
• Family Economics
• Other fields in consumer studies
Payment should be made via Telegraphic Transfer (TT) or Direct Transfer or any suitable method to the following bank account details:
BANK NAME: AFFIN ISLAMIC BANK
ACCOUNT HOLDER NAME: BENDAHARI UiTM
ACCOUNT NO: 105140003422
BANK ADDRESS: Affin Islamic Bank Berhad, UiTM Shah Alam, 40450 Shah Alam, Selangor
SWIFT CODE: PHBMMYKL
Payment By Credit Card/ Debit Card – ConfBay Online Payment Gateway – A 5% administrative fees will be charged on top of the conference fee and the 5% amount will not be inclusive in the official receipt of the seminar. To pay Online / Credit Card > Login > My Payment > Pay Now > Select Type of Payment – Online Payment > Click on “Pay Now”. You will receive Payment Confirmation Email immediately after payment is successfully made.
Proof of Payment: For confirmation on receipt of payment, you are required to upload proof of payment in the system. Log in > My Submission
Sekretariat MACFEA 2018
INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS EXCELLENCE (IBE)
Universiti Teknologi MARA
40450 Shah Alam Selangor Malaysia